We're pleased to offer the following services at Kowaliga Whole Health Pet Care:
- Whole health (holistic) medicine, treatment, and preventative care
- Traditional veterinary medicine, as well as services such as boarding and bathing
- Laser Surgery - Declaw, remove anal glands, growth removals, as well as spays and neuters
- Laser Therapy - Treatment of arthritis, injuries, pain management
- High quality pet foods - Variety of premium low carb & grain free diets for your pets, plus organic frozen meals
- Nutritional Response Testing - custom diet and supplement plans tailored to your individual pet's needs, to solve medical problems naturally
- Acupuncture - Pain management, cancer, ophthalmic, neurologic & orthopedic concerns
- Chinese Herbs
- Flower Essences
- Massage Therapy
- Lecturing on Complementary Therapies - Look for future notices for in-house classes
Our appointment book is computerized which allows us to efficiently make appointments for you and your pet. Our receptionists and team will attempt to accommodate all requests to the best of our ability. We also accept emergency visits. If possible it is best to call before coming in so that a team member can advise you on your particular emergency.
Emergency & Urgent Care
We have a veterinarian and personnel on duty 5 days a week who are trained and equipped to handle any urgent care your pet has. Usually an emergency team consists of at least one veterinarian and several technicians working together to save a pet's life. Emergencies can be things such as snail bait poisoning, hit by car, or chocolate ingestion. If you feel you have an emergency with your pet during normal office hours, please call us and come to the clinic immediately. If you have an after-hours emergency, please call the clinic phone number for further instructions (depending on the urgency of the situation, Dr. Battistella will either meet you at Kowaliga Whole Health, or advise that you take your pet to a 24-hour emergency vet hospital in Montgomery/Opelika/Auburn).
We are also available for urgent care when the condition is not life-threatening. If you feel your pet needs to be seen before you are able to get an appointment, our veterinarian will work to "squeeze" you in between scheduled appointments. When you arrive, our receptionists will be able to give you an estimate on how long you may have to wait in order to be seen. If possible, please call beforehand for the most efficient service.
Kowaliga Whole Health Pet Care offers discounted services to animal rescue groups in the local area. Pre-approval is required to qualify for the rescue group discounts. Please contact us via phone or email for more information.